Friday, December 4, 2009

Surgery

After battling sickness for ten weeks now, I had surgery today. I actually woke up this morning in a fantastic mood, the best I've felt in the past few weeks, physically and emotionally, minus the thirst and hunger of course. And even at the surgery center, the nurses questioned my sanity as they deemed me much too happy for a teenager in my position, but honestly I felt like I was walking on air. It may have had a bit to do with the cute good luck texts I received from a certain best friend and a certain "husband" of mine, but also, I just felt like I was finally doing better.

I'm not silly enough or naive enough to believe that I had gotten any better over night, however, seeing as I've had this feeling a number of times over these weeks and I always end up going full circle.

After the surgery I woke up to a screaming pain in my side and a cramping in my stomach, droopy eyes with the inability to swallow, but naturally, all I wished for was a bite to eat. Nothing a soft pretzel and some chicken pot pie soup couldn't fix, I might add.

I'm feeling much better at the moment, minus the still sore throat and inability to swallow, but that I can deal with. And hopefully soon enough, all will be figured out and I'll be healthy once again.

I leave you now on this note, goodnight, dear readers [though I know you are few and far between], and I shall blog again soon. :]

No comments:

Post a Comment