Saturday, October 24, 2009

Driving.

I am absolutely terrified of car accidents, of dying in one. I have internal mini breakdowns almost every time I get into a car. It doesn't help that I was actually in one last month, and I have horrifying flashbacks every time I leave my neighborhood.

I got my permit yesterday. Driving the car isn't nearly as scary as being the passenger in a car, but it's still terrifying. I refuse to drive, my parents want me to go out and practice and take them out for a spin, but I'd rather not have to get behind the wheel again. Ever. I'm sure the more I drive the more comfortable I'll get, but I don't enjoy driving, it's not an interest of mine. The way I see it is, I'll drive the amount I have to in order to practice and do well enough to pass my license test next year, and then I'll drive only when absolutely necessary and when I don't have my own ride somewhere, otherwise. Sadly, my parents aren't okay with this reasoning and are probably going to force me to drive on a regular basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment