Thursday, October 1, 2009

The Key To Midnight Journal Entry: Two

Each time I pick up The Key To Midnight to read some more, I have a hard time putting it down. The tale is interesting and the characters are enthralling and I find myself craving more. It's one of those books I know will have a satisfying ending, but in the end, I'll still find myself wanting more. Dean Koontz has always been one of my favorite authors and so far, this is definitely at the top of the list of those that I've read.

After reading so many of Dean Koontz's novels, I feel like I may be able to accuratley assess the kind of person he is. I've come to the conclusion that he must be a deep person, someone who always has a bunch of things running through his mind. The type of person who has fragments of beautiful sentences in his head that he scrambles to remember and write down and he builds ideas off of them. I believe he is a caring and honest person. And I like to believe he is like a lot of the characters that he creates, the ones I hold so dear to my heart.

Sometimes in one of his works, there's one line or one passage that makes me think, makes me believe, and makes me crave more. The beauty in his writing never ceases to amaze me. I'm the type of person, that when I read I mark pages with my favorite passages and when I'm finished the book I write them all down in a notebook. My favorite line so far, in The Key To Midnight is "Every cloud, has a silver lining."

In all of the books that I've read by him though, my favorite passage was in The Darkest Evening Of The Year. This is it... "Bad people succeed and good people fail, but that's not the end of the story. Miracles happen that nobody sees, and among us walk heroes who are never recognized, and people live in loneliness because they cannot believe they are loved." This is one of the truest statements I've ever read, and it was written in such a beautiful, poestic fashion.

I'm looking forward ro reading more of this book, and also to adding more quotes to my collection. =]

No comments:

Post a Comment