Sunday, October 18, 2009

The Key To Midnight Journal Entry: Four

Now that I've finished this novel, I can accurately compare it to each of Dean Koontz's other books that I've read. This is certainly among the top, but is not the best one I've read. I don't believe I will ever come across a Dean Koontz book that doesn't grab hold of my attention from the first word and keep me on the edge of my seat for the ride of my life. He's a fantastic author, and I will most definitely be reading more by him in the near future.

The Key To Midnight was suspenseful, beautiful, unpredictable, and flat out brilliant. I honestly wouldn't change a thing, there isn't even a sentence worth criticizing. This book was easy to follow, and always throwing you a curve ball, and whenever you think you figured out what happened to Joanna, something happens to convince you otherwise. I enjoyed this novel a lot, and I recommend it to anyone looking for a good read.

I have read a number of Dean Koontz books over the years, a few of them being, Strangers, Watchers, Velocity, The Darkest Evening of The Year, and The Face. Each and every one has been wonderful in their own way, but my two favorites remain to be Strangers and The Darkest Evening of The Year. Each tale was unique and had me hanging on every word. I love Dean Koontz's style of writing more than anything, it's poetic, beautiful, and wonderfully breathtaking. I would give anything to tell a story the way he can.

No comments:

Post a Comment